|Exam Full Name::||Written Admission Test-Army Welfare Education Society 2013|
The exam WAT-AWES is for category Engineering and is conducted at Engineering level.Written Admission Test(WAT) is conducted by Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) for admission to Hotel Management, Law, Fashion Design, Dental Sciences, Engineering and Education (B.Ed.) in various Indian Army institutes. . One, who aspires to pursue the courses mentioned above in various disciplines at various Indian Army institutes, must have to appear for WAT.
Courses Offered By The Exam:-
1.Bachelor of Education - B. Ed
2.Bachelor of Dental Surgery - B.D.S
3.Bachelor of Science - B. Sc (Nursing)
4.Bachelor of Arts and Law - B.A., LL.B
5.Bachelor of Hotel Management - BHM
6.Bachelor of Engineering - B.E
8.PG Diploma in Fashion Design, Apparel Merchandising & Logistics Management, Fashion Design & Retailing.
How to Apply :-
1. Candidates can obtain the application form and prospectus directly from the institutes by sending a request along with a DD of the requisite amount drawn in favor of the concerned institute.
2. One can download the Application Form from the official website of the institute. One can visit the official website of AWES: http://www.awes.nic.in/ or the respective institute (address given on AWES website).
Cost of Prospectus: Rs 650/- by regd post, Rs 600/- by hand through DD.
2. Exam Date of NEET (UG) and NEET (MDS) - 05th May 2013 and 13th January 2013.
Cost of Prospectus: Rs 700/- by regd post, Rs 650/- by hand (each for BDS and MDS) through DD.
3. Date of Combined WAT for ACDS (BDS), ACN & AIN - 14 Apr 2013.
4. Date of BHM: 27 Apr 2013.
Cost of Prospectus: Rs 650/- by Regd Post, Rs 600/- by hand through DD.
5. Date of JEE (Main): 08-25 April 2013 (On line) and 07 Apr 2013 (Offline).
Online Cost Rs. 750/- (Processing charges extra).
6. Date of WAT for BSc: 20 Apr 2013 and For PG - Any Graduate Degree. Date of CAT for PG: 27 Jun 2013 at Bangalore only.
Cost of Prospectus - Rs 550/- by Regd Post, Rs 500/- by hand through DD.
Eligibility Criteria for AWES-WAT :-
1. Army Institute of Education (AIE)
For B.Ed Program: Graduate (except Commerce) with minimum 45% aggregate marks.
Age - Below 35 years as on 01 Aug 2013.
2. Army Centre of Education (ACE)
For B.Ed Program: Graduate with minimum 45% aggregate marks.
Age-There is no age limit for admission to BEd.
3. Army College of Dental Sciences (ACDS)
For BDS Program: Pass in the 12th standard (10+2 pattern) from any recognized Board.
For MDS Program: Must have successfully completed bachelors degree in dental surgery (BDS) Must have a permanent Registration with any State Dental Council.
For B Sc Nursing Program: Candidates need to be completed their 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry Biology and English with minimum 50% aggregate.
Age-between 17-25 yrs as on 31 Dec 2013.
4. Army College of Nursing (ACN)
For B.Sc Nursing: Candidates need to be completed their 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry Biology and English with minimum 45% aggregate marks for ACN only.
Age between 17-25 yrs as on 31 Dec 2013.
5. Army Institute Of Nursing (AIN), Guwahati
For B.Sc Nursing: 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
Age between 17-25 yrs as on 31 Dec 2012.
6. Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (AIHM & CT)
For BHM Program: 10 + 2 with English as compulsory subject.
Age: Below 22 years as on 01 Jul 2012.
7. Army Institute of Technology (AIT)
For B.Tech program in Mechanical, Electronics & Tele Communication, Computer Engineering and Information Technology: 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry & Maths with min 50% aggregate.
Candidates with the date of birth falls on or after 01 Oct 1987 are eligible to apply.
8. Army Institute of Fashion & Design (AIFD)
For B.Sc Program: 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry Biology and English with minimum 50% aggregate.
Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS):
For MBBS program: 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
Candidates must have passed these subjects individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Applying Candidates have to fall into one of the following categories;
(i) Wards of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army;
(ii) wards of ex-Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension;
(iii) Wards of ex-army personnel who have taken discharge/release after ten years of service;