UPSC conducts written examination for the Recruitment of Assistant Commandants in the Central Armed Police Forces (CaPF) for the following branches of Indian Armed forces. The examination will be held according to the rules decided by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes with respect to the vacancies, as fixed by the Government.
- 10% of the total vacancies are reserved for the ex-servicemen.
National level exam
- Degree from a recognized university
- Candidates appearing in the degree exam are allowed to appear in the exam but are required to submit proof of passing alongwith the Detailed Application Forms, which are to be submitted after qualifying the written test, medical standards test and Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
- Both Males and Females are eligible for CISF and CRPF
- For SSB, BSF and ITBP, only Male candidates are eligible
- Minimum of 20 years old and maximum of 25 years old as on 1st August 2017.
- Also there will be the relaxation as per the category of the candidate.
Scheme of Examination
- Paper I
- Objective Type - 250 marks
- This paper consist of following areas-
- General Mental Ability
- General Science
- Current Events
- Indian Politics,History
- Indian and World Geography
- Paper II
- Conventional Type - 200 marks
- This paper consist of two parts as follows-
- PART A: Eassy questions to be answered in long narrtive form(80 marks)
- PART B: Comprehension,Precis writing and other communication skills(120 marks)
- Physical and Medical Standards Test
- To be conducted only for those candidates who will qualify the written examination.
- Interviw/Personality Test - 150 marks
Prepare for other Competitive Exam